Finnish market to launch Infinity Release 2 on 14 November 2016
We are replacing our core CSD platform in preparation to joining the European Central Bank’s TARGET2-Securities (T2S) platform. The second phase of the three phased roll-out replaces the current equity market systems HEXClear and Central Register. The first phase for bonds and money market instruments was launched in February 2015.
Release 2 launch date
Together with the Finnish Market Advisory Committee (MAC), we have agreed to continue the necessary work towards the launch date of 14 November 2016, with a backup date of 28 November 2016. We jointly recognise the importance of a successful Release 2 launch in preparing the Finnish market for T2S as part of final wave in September 2017.
At the same time, we also support the commitment to the implementation and full compliance with the Central Securities Depository Regulation (CSDR) requirements in line with the schedule stated in the regulation.
New tariffs valid as of the production launch
A new platform means new tariff items. We will publish the new tariffs at the latest three months before the production launch of Infinity Release 2.
Significant enhancements in the Finnish market
Infinity supports European-wide standards. Its key functionalities are
- Greater operational efficiency through harmonised corporate actions processing
- Automated detection and creation of market claims and transformations with taxation handling
- Automated corporate action net entitlement calculation and tax processing
- T2S compliant settlement processes and finality
- ISO 15022 and ISO 20022 standard messaging for settlement, corporate actions and reconciliation
- Compliance to CSDR