Euroclear enhances investor CSD offer with additional direct link to Iberclear
Through our direct link with Iberclear you now have more opportunities to centralise your access to multiple European markets connected to T2S via our single CSD entry point.
This link further strengthens our investor CSD offering and gives you increased opportunities to take advantage of a single entry point into the Target2-Securities community.
With Euroclear France as your single CSD entry point to T2S markets, you can benefit from improved liquidity management and a range of collateral management and safekeeping services.
The direct link with Iberclear will allow you to benefit from:
- Delivery-versus-Payment (DVP) settlement using cross-CSD settlement instructions with counterparties in Iberclear or any CSD that is an investor CSD in Iberclear
- cross-CSD auto-collateralisation with your Central Bank or your Payment Bank, offering this service from its account in Euroclear France or Iberclear.
Increasing efficiency in Europe
The European Central Bank’s T2S settlement platform plays an integral role in the ongoing effort to harmonise post-trade processes in Europe. We fully support this evolution and the opportunities it presents for the securities industry as a whole.
Since our ESES CSDs joined the T2S platform in September 2016, we have launched investor CSD services for:
- Belgian government bonds held in the National Bank of Belgium – Securities Settlement System (NBB-SSS)
- German securities held in Clearstream Banking Frankfurt
- Italian debt securities held in Monte Titoli
- Spanish debt securities held in Iberclear
These direct links have been positively assessed by the Eurosystem and allow for cross-border mobilisation of eligible securities to collateralise Eurosystem credit operations.
We will continue to keep you informed as we expand our investor CSD offer with direct links to other markets.
Find out more on MyEuroclear
Newsflash: New direct link with Monte Titoli for Italian debt securities and updated list of ESCB-eligible securities direct links with T2S CSDs.
> Read the ESES T2S Newsflash (log on required)