Euroclear Sweden

I would like to make a formal complaint

We care about how we do business with our clients. If you are not satisfied with the services we offer, we are keen to address any issues you may be facing.

Before proceeding, we would like to make sure that you have already discussed your issue with your regular point of contact(s) at Euroclear Sweden.

Not yet – please get in touch with your regular contact(s) to discuss your issue further.

If you do not have a regular point of contact at Euroclear Sweden, please email us at

Yes – if you have been in touch with your regular point of contact(s) and you are not satisfied with how your issue was handled, you can make a formal complaint.

Below you will find more information on how to proceed with your complaint.

Complaints manager at Euroclear Sweden is Anna Salmén.

Time limit

We recommend that you file your complaint within six months of the date on which you first became aware of the circumstances giving rise to the complaint.

How to make a complaint

You can make a formal complaint by sending us an email or a letter:

To the attention of the Complaints Manager
Klarabergsviadukten 63
PO Box 191
SE-101 23 Stockholm

Please include the following details in your email/letter:

  • your name and address
  • a description of the nature and the content of your complaint 
  • the contact details of your usual point of contact at Euroclear Sweden (if any)
  • any relevant documentation (enclosed with your letter or attached to your email)
What happens next?

We will:

  • acknowledge the receipt of your complaint within a reasonable period of time from its receipt
  • investigate your complaint further and get in touch with the regular contact(s) you mentioned in your complaint
  • (may) request further information and/or seek clarification from you on your complaint
  • provide you with a written response within a reasonable period of time

We will only use this information for the purpose of handling your complaint fairly, promptly and appropriately. We will treat all data collected in accordance with the relevant legal and contractual provisions on confidentiality and personal data.

Additional advice and dispute resolution

If you want to seek advice outside of Euroclear or if you are not happy with the handling of the complaint, you can contact any of the below institutions.

The Swedish Consumers Banking and Finance Bureau (Konsumenternas Bank- och Finansbyrå)
The Swedish Consumers' Banking and Finance Bureau and The Swedish Consumers' Insurance Bureau provide consumers with independent information and advice regarding financial services.

Municipal consumer advisor (Kommunal konsumentvägledare)
The Consumer advisor in your municipality can give you advice on individual disputes and other financial matters.

ARN (Allmänna reklamationsnämnden)
The National Board for Consumer Disputes (ARN) is a public authority that functions roughly like a court. Their main task is to impartially try disputes between consumers and business operators.

General courts (Allmän domstol)
Your dispute can be tried by a general court.