Last updated: 5 August 2022
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
These cookies are essential for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems, for example cookies that allow a user to access secure areas of the site. Because these cookies are strictly necessary, a user cannot refuse them without impacting how our site function.
Functional and Performance
These cookies are used to enhance your experience on our site. They enable the site to remember your settings. You can activate or deactivate these cookies at any time.
These cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymised. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This can include cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited. You can freely update decide to activate or deactivate these cookies.
First-party cookies are set by the web server of the visited page (i.e. Euroclear). They share the same domain.
A complete list of all cookies used on our site (euroclear.com and MyEuroclear) can be found here.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on this site on how to erase cookies from your computer or mobile device as well as more general information about cookies.
We will normally process personal data from you only where:
- we need the personal data to carry out a contract with you;
- we have obtained your consent to the processing of your personal data; or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests (and not outweighed by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
We will retain your personal data:
- for as long as you keep your profile on my.euroclear.com; or
- until you request us to remove your personal data from our marketing database (e.g. to honour opt-outs); or
- as long as necessary to perform our contractual engagements with you
Personal data collected for conference advertisement or for conference registration is retained for the duration of the relevant event or longer if the event repeats (e.g. annually).
In addition, we may retain personal data from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any amounts owed, resolve disputes, assist with governmental investigation or take any actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
- We transfer your personal data within the Euroclear group for purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice. We take measures to restrict access to staff who have a legitimate business need to see your data.
- Euroclear may also provide your personal data to public bodies such as regulatory, government agency, court or other third parties such as but not limited to, the Police Authorities, the Financial Supervisory Authorities and the Tax Agencies, where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your interests or those of any other person.
- We also disclose your personal data to our third party vendors, service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us. This may be in connection with the services they provide to us, including to support us in areas such as IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics. These service providers may change over time, but our commitment to using trusted vendors will not. We will always work with third parties who will handle your personal data in a way that aligns with this Notice and the GDPR. We have further inserted adequate contractual clauses with these third parties to ensure that your personal data remains protected. Further information can be provided upon request.
- We also disclose your personal data with our auditors, advisors, legal representatives and similar agents in connection with the advisory services they provide to us for legitimate business purposes and under contractual prohibition of using the personal data for any other purpose.
Our group companies and third party contractors and consultants operate around the world. This means that we may process personal data outside the European Economic area (EEA). However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal data will remain protected in accordance with this notice. These include implementing data protection clauses and EU Standard Contractual Clauses with our third party vendors, contractors and consultants as well as with our group entities.
Euroclear is publishing this Privacy notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal data. We strive to be transparent about how we use your personal data.
You have the right to access your personal data. All personal data collected for marketing subscription purposes or your registration on MyEuroclear can be accessed through your online account. For other types of information, please contact Euroclear’s Data Protection Officer if you wish to access the personal data Euroclear holds about you.
If any other data Euroclear holds about you is inaccurate, not complete or up to date, you have the right to ask us to rectify or update it. If such personal data has been disclosed to a third party in accordance with this Privacy notice, then we shall also ask them to rectify or update your personal data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you need us to rectify or update your information.
This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want to request Euroclear to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal ground to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask Euroclear to restrict how we process your personal data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. If you want us to restrict processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
In certain circumstances, Euroclear allows you to obtain the personal data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those personal data to another controller without any hindrance. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you want information on how to transfer your personal data elsewhere.This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as the data controller. The personal data must be processed by us on the basis of your consent or for the performance of a contract and processing of your personal data must be carried out by automated means.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to Euroclear processing your personal data. If you wish to object please contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you have given us your consent to process your personal data but would change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Euroclear will then stop processing your personal data. You can withdraw your consent through your online account. If you have any further question, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing e-mails we send you or by using your profile on MyEuroclear.com to opt-out of our communities, newsletters and general interest areas. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data if you feel that Euroclear has not sufficiently addressed any concern of complaint. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. You can find contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) here.
We protect your personal data and maintain its quality. We implement appropriate measures and processes that are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data to help us to keep your personal data secure and to maintain its quality.
In order to keep your personal data secure, we have implemented a number of security measures, including:
- Secure operating environments - We store your data in secure operating environments and only accessible to Euroclear employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. Euroclear also follows generally accepted industry standards in this respect.
- Encryption - We use industry-standard encryption to provide protection for information that is transmitted to us via the Websites.
- Prior authentication for account access - We require our website users registered on my.euroclear.com to verify their identity (e.g. login ID and password) before they can access or make changes to their account. This is aimed to prevent unauthorised accesses.
The Euroclear website contains links to other websites. Euroclear is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
If you do not want to give us your personal data and the personal data is necessary in order to:
- enter a contract
- supply services
- provide you with further information on our services
- assess your job application
then we will not be able to enter into that contract or provide the requested services or information or consider you for a job.
We may update this privacy and cookie notice from time to time in response to a changing legal, technical or business environment. When we update our privacy notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
You can see when this privacy and cookie notice was last updated by checking the last updated date displayed at the top of this page.