Brussels and London, 15 February 2018 – As the financial industry’s trusted provider of post-trade services, Euroclear’s positive operating results in 2017 demonstrate the results of the group’s initiatives to support the evolving needs of capital market participants.
Highlights of Euroclear’s operating results for 2017 include:
- Value of securities held for Euroclear clients reached a record EUR 28.6 trillion, up 3% year-on-year
- Turnover, the value of securities transactions settled, increased by 12% compared to 2016 at a record EUR 733 trillion
- Netted transactions settled in 2017 grew 10% to a record 215 million
- Euroclear’s Collateral Highway mobilised an average of EUR 1150 billion of collateralised transactions daily, up 7% compared to the prior year
- Fund assets under custody grew 13% as Euroclear progressed its funds strategy, with continued strong adoption of International ETF model
Euroclear’s vision is to remain a leading partner for the global capital markets, by providing services that improve efficiency and safety. The group’s strategy focuses on strengthening its traditional business in Europe; progressing its growth initiatives in collateral, funds and in international markets; and exploring opportunities enabled by data and new technology.
Commenting on the results, Lieve Mostrey, Chief Executive Officer of the Euroclear group, said: “Euroclear delivered a strong operating performance in 2017, supported by favourable market conditions. These results demonstrate the appetite of our global client base for solutions that help them overcome complex post-trade challenges such as sourcing liquidity and optimizing collateral, leading to safer and more efficient financial markets.”
She added: “In addition, we have accelerated investments in both regulation-driven initiatives and cyber security to reinforce Euroclear’s position as a safe and trusted partner.”