Euroclear and LCH.Clearnet combining best-in-class collateral and risk management for the benefit of the interbank market.
€GCPlus, a central clearing service for the triparty repo market, is offered by LCH.Clearnet SA in collaboration with Euroclear and Banque de France.
The service is designed to help fixed income trading desks, treasurers and other market participants manage Eurosystem-eligible collateral efficiently and to generate liquidity in a cleared environment.
At the same time you can benefit from balance sheet netting and regulatory capital efficiencies.
The service brings to the market the combined expertise of LCH.Clearnet and Euroclear, two world leaders in their field.
- Has launched €GCPlus – a low risk, centrally-cleared service for the triparty repo market.
- Cash funding is collateralised by two standard ECB-eligible GC baskets – including an equivalent Basel III LCR basket.
- Both counterparties benefit from reduced regulatory capital costs due to LCH.Clearnet’s role as the CCP.
- Has created a single interoperable collateral infrastructure between Euroclear’s ICSD and our CSDs in Belgium, France, the Netherlands. You can hold your securities in either location and settle DVP in commercial or central bank money.
- Full suite of integrated triparty services, including automatic screening and selection of eligible collateral per basket, automatic substitution and re-use.
The resulting service provides cash investors and borrowers with full STP processing – from trading and clearing through to collateral management, settlement and refinancing.
- You can access a wider pool of liquidity and augment your funding sources in Euroclear triparty with highly liquid €GCPlus cleared products.
- Optimise your collateral usage across business lines – €GCPlus collateral management is seamlessly integrated in your Euroclear triparty activity, including automated substitution and optimisation.
- Benefit from economies of scale by integrating €GCPlus within your existing Euroclear triparty collateral management.
- Reach the widest range of domestic and international financial institutions and invest excess cash against Eurosystem-eligible assets.
- Let Euroclear automate your collateral operations – benefit from our fully STP triparty collateral management services.
- Hold your securities and manage cash flows in either Euroclear Bank or one of the ESES CSDs.
- Refinance €GCPlus assets to a wide range of counterparties in Euroclear’s triparty environment or to Banque de France.