Funds - the next evolution in collateral management
Traditional sources of collateral are shrinking and there is increasing demand for alternative types of collateral to fill the gap.
With worldwide assets under management by the investment funds industry expected to exceed USD100 trillion by 2020,according to PwC, the investment industry has an opportunity to position its products as a valid and, potentially, more efficient alternative to cash, government securities and other types of collateral.
Our latest FundsPlace paper discusses:
- Where does alternative collateral reside?
- How can it be potentially used?
- Whether riskier assets are now being considered as collateral for transactions?
- What features would funds require in order to be used as collateral
- What are the practical challenges for using Funds as collateral