The 2018 edition of the Euroclear Central Bank Workshop has taken place on 14 November in Brussels, at the Hilton Grand Place.
Held every two years, it has grown into an essential forum for senior professionals from Central Banks, Ministry of Finances and supranational organisations interested in the increasingly important post-trade industry.
This year, industry experts engaged with close to 90 delegates from across the world. Speakers from institutions such as Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited, Bank of England, Danmarks Nationalbank, and the European Central Bank opened the dialogue around key developments from within our industry:
- How innovation and digitalisation are impacting clearing and settlement.
- How ETFs can be, and are, being used as an instrument for foreign reserves.
- How new instruments are being integrated into risk frameworks.
- Best execution and trade compliance.
- The economic outlook for the short to medium term.
- How regulation, Fintech, Cyber and interdependency between networks is impacting systemic risk.